NEW YORK (GenomeWeb News) – TriLink Biotechnologies today announced a licensing agreement for use of its CleanAmpl dNTPs with Biofortuna’s freeze dried in vitro diagnostic PCR kits.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
In a statement, TriLink said that Biofortuna is developing unique HLA diagnostic kits that will address the transplantation, blood grouping, disease identification, and pharmacogenetic markets. The first product line will target the sequence-specific primer transplantation market.
Based in the UK, Biofortuna is an HLA molecular diagnostics firm.
The CleanAmp technology offers a “unique approach” to Hot Start activation in PCR by chemically modifying the essential DNA polymerase substrate, the dNTPs, Natasha Paul, TriLink scientific investigator, said in a statement. She added that CleanAmp dNTP can be used with different DNA polymerases and assay formats.
Biofortuna said that by using CleanAmp dNTPs as an alternative to standard dNTPs, it was able to improve the specificity of its genotyping assays. Mike Bunce, CEO of Biofortuna, added that the CleanAmp technology “allows us to create accurate, reproducible, and simple diagnostic kits, that greatly improve the quality of clinical testing and patient care.”
- Affymetrix Launches Axiom Custom Genotyping Arrays Utilizing World's Largest Validated SNP Database (eon.businesswire.com)
- Illumina Announces First Customer Shipments of Omni2.5 BeadChip (eon.businesswire.com)
- TRADE NEWS: Agilent Makes Fish DNA ID Fast, Simple, Accurate for Routine Testing of Seafood to Verify Species and Labeling (eon.businesswire.com)
- Fluidigm Introduces World's First Reusable Bio-Chip for SNP Genotyping (eon.businesswire.com)
- Illumina Announces HumanOmniExpress+ Custom BeadChip (eon.businesswire.com)
- Rheonix CARD™ Technology Demonstrates Utility in Multiple Molecular Diagnostic Applications at AACC Annual Meeting (eon.businesswire.com)